By: Mia Torres (Grade 8)
Are you tired of cramming? Procrastinating? Or having occasional breakdowns during the day? We’ve all gone through that stage of the year, but here are 3 tips and tricks to keep you up and running!1) First, manage your time.
We all have a lot on our plate, so it is important to keep your calendar updated on a daily basis. You can start with placing everything you have in a week on your calendar. This way, you know what’s going on during your week and don’t have to procrastinate. Use your calendar and reminder apps to help you stay on track on an everyday basis!
2) Second, hydrate.
Remember when we were told to drink at least eight glasses of water a day? It is very important to do that now since we are constantly dehydrated. There are 5 main reasons why you have to drink up:
- Water speeds up your metabolism
- Water is a natural appetite suppressant
- Water cleanses the body of toxins
- Water boosts your energy
- Water reduces stress
Isn’t water amazing? Who knew how much it did for our body. If you aren’t a fan of water, try these tricks to help you love it in no time!
- Grab a water bottle you love (who doesn’t like drinking from a pretty water bottle?)
- Try drinking Vitamin Water or try putting lemon or other fruits in your glass to add flavour
- Make it a habit to drink two glasses of water every morning to wake you up easily
- Keep water beside you throughout the day so that you always remember to take a sip every hour or so
3) Third, save time for yourself and create “me time.”
The best time to do self-care is when you don’t have time for it. Start with the basics, like sleep. You have to give your body time to reset in order to do a whole lot of work. Taking time to pause from the relentless pace of our everyday lives can keep you from stressing and dwelling over stressful tests and homework.