By: Jenna Lam (Grade 11), Emma Miao (Grade 10) and Mia Torres (Grade 8)
What kind of tea should you be drinking? If you don’t read this article, you’ll feel guil-tea after…
Different teas are used for different reasons. They could be used for focus better, sleep better or maybe keep warm in the cold season! Use this guide to get to know them all.
Chamomile Tea – RELAXING
- Chamomile is a herb that looks daisy-like. Its tea is a nice relaxing drink that keeps anxious feelings away. It is also scientifically proven to keep your mind and body focused.
Green Tea – ACNE, CALMING AURA
- Famous for its calming benefits, green tea is great for reducing anxiety. It contains amino acids that calm nerves – perfect right before a big test! It can relax your mind and your body. Plus, green tea can also help with skin problems (one less thing to be stressed about!)
Passion Flower Tea – INSOMNIA
- Sweet, sour and fruity, this herbal tea can be helpful for anyone who has insomnia. As well, drinking it before bedtime could improve sleep cycles!
Lemon Balm Tea – COLD WEATHER, SICKNESS
- Lemon balm tea is fantastic for improving your sleep. As it continues to get more chilly outside, you can drink this tea to help with the treatment of cold sores. Nothing better than warming yourself up by the fireplace with a cup of warm lemon balm tea!
Rose Tea – GOOD VIBES
- Rose tea is great for your internal systems. It helps to remove bad toxins and it keeps you feeling good! Used for a variety of different reasons, it can be consumed to reduce stomach cramps, help with acne, boost immune systems, and more!
Peppermint Tea – REFRESHING
- Peppermint tea can help keep your mind alive and awake. The peppermint taste and smell is a welcome refresher in anyone’s dull day! Be sure to drink it in the morning to keep you alert and awake.
Lavender Tea – SLEEPING
- Lavender is a scent that is lovely to smell before going to bed. Similarly, a nice cup of lavender tea is best drunk before going to bed to keep your mind relaxed and worry-free!